Monday, March 7, 2011

Best Live Version of a Song, Volume 2

QUICK!

Pop Quiz: [(Lupe Fiasco × Modest Mouse) + Johann Pachebel] Violin = ________________




Answer: Today’s Best Live Version of a Song Video!!!

Yes yes, well done. Congratulations. Pat yourself on the back if you didn’t roll your eyes at my lame math joke/introduction. Like the blog heading indicates, I’m here to be mediocre. Today's video is a sweet violin cover of “The Show Goes On” by Lupe Fiasco. Technically speaking, it shouldn't even qualify for this feature; it’s neither by the original artist (Would that be Lupe or Modest Mouse? I’m confused. Damn you, hip-hop’s overuse of sampling!) nor is it live. BUT it mixes classical music with an awesome song, sounds cool, and was performed in one take, so I’m counting it. Minus points for the violinist wearing one of those stupid hats, though.

I want one. The mustache, that is.

Random side note: What is it about finding music “too late”? “The Show Goes On” was apparently released in October 2010. I just discovered it last week, and thoroughly felt less worthy as a human being. One of my roommates totally embodies this. “What bro? That song sucks; it came out like ages ago.” As if the quality of a song completely depends on its novelty. My other roommate occupies the exact opposite end of the spectrum. He still thinks that Ray J is bumpin’ (Yo, sexy. Can I?) and catches on to random popular songs for the first time about three months late. On a related note, both of them are really cool people. That is not a sarcastic statement. Or is it?


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment