Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Little Things, Volume 1

(Or as I think of it, The Feature Where I Get to Share Random Things That Are Obviously Not Important Enough For My Lazy Ass to Spend Writing A Whole Post On )


- The next time you play MadLibs (I know it's pretty often), try using Charlie Sheen for every noun. 

- Hey, I'm a real person now! Yes, my office is that drab.

- We may have discovered alien life. Where's Will Smith when you need him?

 - Zookeepers in China resort to radicaland totally cutemeasures:














- I can only hope that one day I'll be a fraction of the writer Darren Franich is. Seriously, I look forward to this guy's Jersey Shore recaps more than I do the actual show.

- Has anyone noticed Vince Carter's facial hair lately? He looks like a Musketeer:

- Steve Nash did this once during a basketball game. Steve Nash makes me laugh every time.














- OK, I know his wife is a Brazilian super model and all, but he has to be at least a little gay, right?
-Why owning a Prius is awesome:


- Why owning a Prius is not awesome:



- Lastly:



I've been out of touch with the political world ever since graduation. College was just the perfect environment to stay current on matters, and I used to think that I needed to be in the know—this was the stuff that actually "mattered," after all. Since then, however, I have reverted to the comfort of mindless entertainment (and blogging!) and will remain blissfully ignorant. I guess I like following the latest news on the Spider-Man reboot more than I do the troubles Democrats are facing in Congress. If that makes me a lesser person, I accept it.

Once in a while, though, people like Mike Huckabee remind me of why I got so disenchanted. Look, I get it. You've got to appeal to the extremes to get your initial support. They are the supporters who will campaign for you, donate to you, and get you through the caucuses and the rallies. You have to get them early and often. You've got to build your brand. Write a book, get a cable news deal, go on radio. It's boring to be in the middle. You don't get ratings or publicity by being a moderate. This is why you end up with pretentious blowhards like Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and Keith Olbermann.

HOWEVER, it's one thing to disagree with an opponent or ideal; it's a whole other thing to knowingly slander with lies, then backtrack with a lame excuse that is also a lie. Mike Huckabee, you sir are guilty. Mike Huckabee, you sir are an idiot.

Yeah, I forgot tolerating gay marriage totally equals tolerating incest.


AND we end on a incest comment! Hope you enjoyed reading.

Love,
Jeff




No comments:

Post a Comment